Greenfield schools plan band and choir trip to New York
The Greenfield Community Unit School District No. 10 Board of Education met May 16 to receive information on a proposed school trip to New York for the district band and choir.
Here are the meeting's minutes, as provided by the district:
THE MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION OF GREENFIELD COMMUNITY UNIT SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 10 May 16, 2016
The Board of Education of Greenfield Community Unit School District No. 10 met in regular session, in the Administrative Office, on May 16, 2016.
1. President Russ Bishop called the regular meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Upon roll call the following Board members were present: Josh Roberts, Chris Goode, Rodney Knittel, Elliott Turpin, Brandi Rynders and Russ Bishop. Chris Weller entered the meeting at 7:10 p.m. Also present were Superintendent Kevin Bowman, Elementary Principal Chris Raynor, High School Principal Beth Bettis, Sam Walden, Ron Plogger, Julie Williams, Jacob Bollman, Diane Ford and Becky McClelland.
2. Roberts motioned and Knittel seconded to approve the agenda as presented. Upon roll call Rynders, Goode, Knittel, Roberts, Turpin and Bishop voted “Aye”. Motioned carried.
3. Knittel motioned and Goode seconded to approve the regular and executive session minutes of the April 18, 2016 meeting as presented. Upon roll call Roberts, Turpin, Goode, Knittel, Rynders and Bishop voted “Aye”. Motion carried.
4. Turpin motioned and Rynders seconded to approve the Consent Agenda items as presented. Upon roll call Turpin, Rynders, Roberts, Goode, Knittel and Bishop voted “Aye”. Motion carried. (See Exhibit 1 attached to the Official Minutes)
5. District Highlights—Jacob Bollman, District Band and Chorus
Bollman reported on the District Music and Band activities. Two plays were produced this past year-“The Wedding Singer” and “Big Fish”. The plays had approximately twenty actors and eight crew members that participated. Junior High Solo and Ensemble Contest had seventeen students participate. One student, Ethan Rigg, was voted Best of Show by the contest judges. There were eleven total participants in the High School Solo and Ensemble Contest with nine first places.
Bollman also presented information on a proposed school trip to New York for the District Band and Choir. This trip, if approved by the Board of Education, would take place in summer of 2018. This time frame would allow time for fund-raising efforts.
6. Sam Walden reported on Facilities/Transportation:
-HS gym project will be started when school has released for the summer -Two loads of mulch were delivered to the Elementary. Mrs. Burrow and FFA members have been very helpful in moving the mulch. Suttles Sawmill has also donated mulch to the school district. -Southside Hardware has given the District a quote for two boiler tanks. The Elementary and High School tanks have leaks and need to be replaced. -Simplex Grinnell performed annual testing on the Elementary and High School fire alarm systems. -Elementary lobby and office areas are in need of carpet replacement this summer.
Organizations in this Story
311 Mulberry St
Greenfield, IL - 62044