Greenfield CUSD board reclassifies high school library
The Greenfield Community Unit School District No. 10 Board of Education met Dec. 12 to reclassify the high school library.
Here are the meeting's minutes, as provided by the board:
The seven members of the school board have broad authority to adopt and enforce all necessary policies for the management and government of the public schools in the district.
THE MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION OF GREENFIELD COMMUNITY UNIT SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 10 December 12, 2016
The Board of Education of Greenfield Community Unit School District No. 10 met in regular session at 7:00 p.m. in the Administrative Office, on December 12, 2016.
1. President Russ Bishop called the regular meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Upon roll call the following members were present: Josh Roberts, Rodney Knittel, Elliott Turpin, Chris Goode and Brandi Rynders. Chris Weller was absent. Also present were Superintendent Kevin Bowman, Ron Plogger, Elementary Principal Chris Raynor, District Architect Tony Audo, District Librarian Elayne Willis, Joe Kinser, Stephanie Vetter and Rhonda Bauer.
2. A motion was made by Knittel and seconded by Goode to approve the amended agenda as presented. Upon roll call Rynders, Goode, Knittel, Roberts, Turpin and Bishop voted “Aye”. Motion carried.
3. Roberts motioned and Rynders seconded to approve the regular minutes of the November 21, 2016 board meeting as presented. Upon roll call Roberts, Turpin, Goode, Knittel, Rynders and Bishop voted “Aye”. Motion carried.
4. Goode motioned and Roberts seconded to approve the Consent Agenda as presented. Upon roll call Turpin, Rynders, Roberts, Goode, Knittel and Bishop voted “Aye”. Motion carried. (See Exhibit No. 1 attached to the Official Minutes)
5. District Highlights – District Architect, Tony Audo, presented the Elementary Gym project drawings and answered board member questions. Audo reported this project would be bid out in two phases with an estimated total cost of $650,000. Bleachers would be bid out separately. Discussion included the addition of a concession stand, storage, lighting, wall and ceiling materials and number of hoops. Audo also noted that the columns on west wall cannot be removed.
Bowman reported on the December 2nd meeting held with Audo. Plans were reviewed and any suggestions made were taken into consideration. (See Exhibit No. 2 attached to the Official Minutes)
6. District Librarian, Elayne Willis, reported to the board on District Library activities over the past year. Mrs. Willis has re-organized and re-classified the High School Library and is continuing her efforts to have the Elementary Library reorganized by the end of the year. The book club read Deadline this year and there was good student participation. The library purchased a DVD player with a $25.00 gift card provided by the PTO. Chrome books are a new addition to the library this year. Students can use these at school and several teachers are utilizing them as well. The Accelerated Reader program continues to be a huge success. Mrs. Willis attended a workshop on book repair. She would like to invest $1.50 per new book to keep books in good shape for a longer period. The District has received the State Library Grant for this year.
7. Ron Plogger gave a Facilities/Transportation report:
- Bus #8 is going to Byers International during the holiday break for repairs -High School gym sidewalks will be coated when the weather permits -High School boys’ locker room - replacement door has been ordered -No news on the Football scoreboard grant applications -Work on scrapping I.T. shop equipment continues as time permits -The end curtain on the gym bleachers will be repaired in Jacksonville
8. Elliott Turpin reported on the Greenfield Foundation for Educational Excellence. The next meeting will be held on January 20, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. The annual pork chop dinner will be held March 19, 2017.
9. Superintendent Bowman reported on Enrollment and Discipline. Elementary enrollment has increased and fifth grade choir and band enrollment have increased. The High School enrollment has decreased. (See Exhibit No. 3 attached to the Official Minutes)
10. Superintendent Bowman reported:
-Prairie State Insurance Cooperative - will have renewal figures in May of 2017 -Recommend Assistant Pee Wee Boys’ Basketball Coach -Recommend District Bus Driver -Recommend Volunteer Assistant High School Girls’ Basketball Coach
11. Superintendent Bowman provided the annual report on Greenfield CUSD #10 Accomplishments, Additions and Changes showing twenty-three accomplishments added in 2016.
12. Superintendent Bowman reported that we have received electric rate quotes from Mike Grimes from Direct Energy, our current wholesale supplier. Rates could be increasing from 10%-20% and we can lock in a rate of 5.694kh for three years.
13. Opportunity for Citizens to Speak
- Chris Goode asked about the status of the oak trees at the top of terraces.
14. There was no Executive Session.
15. There was no action on the Facilities or Transportation reports.
16. Turpin motioned and Knittel seconded to adopt the Tax Levy as presented. Upon roll call Rynders, Knittel, Roberts, Turpin, Goode and Bishop voted “Aye”. Motion carried. (See Exhibit No. 4 attached to the Official Minutes)
17. Roberts motioned and Rynders seconded to hire Roshier Creecy as the Pee Wee Boys’ Basketball Assistant Coach. Upon roll call Rynders, Knittel, Roberts, Turpin, Goode and Bishop voted “Aye”. Motion carried.
18. Knittel motioned and Roberts seconded to hire Harold Hillis as a District Bus Driver, effective immediately. Upon roll call Knittel, Roberts, Turpin, Goode, Rynders and Bishop voted “Aye”. Motion carried.
19. Knittel motioned and Rynders seconded to approve Kristen Bishop as a volunteer High School Girls’ Basketball Coach. Upon roll call Roberts, Turpin, Goode, Rynders, Knittel and Bishop voted “Aye”. Motion carried.
20. Knittel motioned and Roberts seconded to approve a three year contract with Direct Energy at a rate of 5.694kh, effective December 7, 2016. Upon roll call Roberts, Turpin, Goode, Rynders, Knittel and Bishop voted “Aye”. Motion carried. (See Exhibit No. 5 attached to the Official Minutes)
21. Roberts motioned and Goode seconded to adopt new and revised Board Policies as presented. Upon roll call Roberts, Turpin, Goode, Rynders, Knittel and Bishop voted “Aye”. Motion carried. (See Exhibit No. 6 attached to the Official minutes)
22. Roberts motioned and Rynders seconded to adjourn the meeting at 8:20 p.m.
Russell S. Bishop ____________________________________________
President Joshua R. Roberts ____________________________________________
1. Regular Meeting
2. Amended Agenda approved
3. Regular minutes approved
4. Consent agenda approved
5. District Highlights-Elementary Gym Project-Tony Audo
6. Library & Media Center Annual Report
9. District Update (Enrollment & Discipline)
10. Personnel/PSIC Update
11. Greenfield CUSD #10 Accomplishments, Additions & Changes
12. District Electric Rate Quotes
13. Opportunity for Citizens to Speak 1
4. No Executive Session 1
5. No action on Facilities/Transportation
16 Adopted Tax Levy
17. Motioned to hire Pee Wee Boys’ Asst. Coach-Roshier Creecy
18. Motioned to hire District Bus Driver-Harold Hillis
19. Approved Volunteer Asst. High School Girls’ Basketball Coach-Kristen Bishop 20 Approved Direct Energy Electric Contract
21. Adopted Board Policies