City of Quincy Preservation Commission met September 6.
City of Quincy Preservation Commission met Sept. 6.
Here is the agenda provided by the Commission:
1. Call to order
2. Roll call
3. Approve minutes of the August 1, 2017 meeting
4. Old business
Review demolition of building contributing to the South Side German Nat. Reg. District: former St. Peter’s Ev. Lutheran Church, 304 S. 9th St., and connected dwelling to south at 314 S. 9th St. (action tabled from previous meeting)
Public hearing on proposed Local Landmark: the Frederick and Leondine Reinecker House, 1470 Vermont St., Mark and Alain Pettenger, owners
As stated in §162.188(C) of the Municipal Code, “The purpose of the hearing is to explain to the public and to the property owners the purpose and effect of designation; to explain and take testimony concerning the criteria for designation; to explain the review process for any alteration, construction, demolition or removal affecting the exterior architectural appearance; to present and discuss any specific standards for review of exterior alterations; to discuss economic incentives that would be available from local, state, federal, or private sources; and to hear testimony from any interested party concerning the proposed designation.”
5. New business
Review demolition of building contributing to the Quincy Northwest Nat. Reg. District: 1032 Lind St.
6. General public comment (limited to three minutes)
Organizations in this Story
730 Maine St
Quincy, IL - 62301