West Central Reporter

West Central Reporter

Monday, April 6, 2020

Godfrey sewer committee reviews proposed meeting schedule

Local Government

By Wadi Reformado | Feb 18, 2017

Meeting372

The village of Godfrey Special Projects Sewer Committee met Dec. 7 to review the proposed meeting schedule.

Here are the meeting's minutes, as provided by the committee:

Special Projects Sewer Committee

GODFREY, ILLINOIS

December 7th, 2016

Mr. Weber called the Special Projects Sewer Committee Meeting of the Village of

Godfrey to order at 5:00 p.m. on December 7th, 2016 at the Village Hall, 6810 Godfrey

Road, Godfrey, Illinois.

ROLL CALL:

Present: Jeff Weber, Mike Stumpf , Keith Sherman, Bill Orrill, Joe Springman, Joe

Hughes, Lowell Beuttel, Carl Arnold, Craig Noble (Advisor) and William

Catalano (Advisor)

Absent: Jerry Gibson

Visitors: Curt Westrich, Scott Adams of Adams Development.

APPROVAL OF MINUTES – The Minutes of the November 2nd, 2016 meeting were

approved as written.

Public Comments: Mr. Adams owns some property in the Airport Road area. He came

to the committee to inquire about his options for connecting sanitary sewer to his parcels.

He requested one option to connect to the force main. The Village of Godfrey requires

all connects to be made to a gravity main, not to a force main. There are several options

to look at. Elevation/depth of manholes around the areas will be determined and the

information will be given to Mr. Adams. Discussion of force main connections to

continue; Mr. Noble, Mr. Catalano and Mr. Weber will research further and get back with

Mr. Adams.

Old Business

Villa Marie Area Update- There has been four extensive meetings reviewing the

modeling. Mr. Weber said they were getting a better understanding of the issues in the

area. Multiple flow meters will be installed in the spring to determine flow during heavy

rain events.

Frontenac Lift Station SSO- The two new check valves were installed. The Village is

hoping that this will be the finally resolve for the SSO’s at this location.

North East Interceptor Upgrade- Mr. Weber displayed an extensive color coded map of

potential fixes to the surrounding area around the Lewis and Clark Apartments. These

new line projects were somewhat determined by the modeling program. There was also

an alternate location to help in the relief of the sanitary sewer system, which could be

done later down the road. Mr. Weber believes that it would be smart to do the boring

portion of this alternate location at the same time the boring was going to be done for the

main project. He asked if any committee members had any further comments to offer

and if they agreed with the proposals. There were no objectives.

Warren Levis Lagoon Survey- No Report. Juneau is currently working on this.

Cure in Place- Mr. Noble is meeting with Barry Howell with Visu-sewer to go forward

with specifications for services.

Sanitary Sewer Relocation – No Report.

Design Proposal for the plant Lift Station and Sodium Hypo Chlorine BuildingThe

project is proceeding; permit will be submitted this week.

Lakeside Emergency Sewer Line Replacement due to Erosion. No report. Jueanu is

working on this.

Rockgate Erosion Problem near the Lift Station No report.

Comments from the Capital Projects Committee- No report.

EPA Update- The Village will be doing several projects at one time to meet the criteria.

All is progressing well.

ADS Echo Flow Monitoring System - EPA is requiring four monitors. The committee

has requested the purchasing of additional monitors for obtaining more data information

in a larger area.

WWTP Clarifier Repairs- Repairs are complete. Mr. Noble said that Process Equipment

and Repair Services, which did the clarifier work recommended that the Village look into

repairing the return tubes in the future.

Sewer Rates- No Report.

NEW BUSINESS

After the committee members review the proposed 2017 meeting schedule, Mr. Sherman

made a motion to approve the 2017 Special Projects Sewer Committee Meeting schedule.

Mr. Stumpf seconded. Motion Carried.

Mr. Sherman requested that the committee revisit the option of sewering the area around

the Williams Place street. Mr. Weber stated that currently the Village has around five

million dollars in sanitary sewer projects that need priority at this time. No further action

was taken.

Mr. Noble made a motion to adjourn at 6:04 p.m. Mr. Sherman seconded. Motion

carried.

Respectfully Submitted,

Debbie Wedding, Secretary

Want to get notified whenever we write about Village of Godfrey Special Projects Sewer Committee ?

Sign-up Next time we write about Village of Godfrey Special Projects Sewer Committee, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Village of Godfrey Special Projects Sewer Committee

More News