City of Carlyle City Council met September 25
City of Carlyle City Council met September 25.
Here is the agenda as provided by the council:
1. Call to Order 7:00 pm
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Minutes of Regular Meeting 09-11-2017
5. City Clerk Report
6. Director of Finance
b. Treasurer’s Report
d. Purchase Approvals
7. Committee Reports / Aldermen Comments
8. Board Reports
9. Superintendent Reports
10. Mayor’s Comments
Review of City Code
Ditch Cleaning Update
Flushing Hydrants Beginning 10-10-17
Business Trick or Treat will be October 31st from 3pm-5pm (look for orange ghost in
the business window) Kids 12 and under
Regular Trick or Treat will be October 31st from 6pm – 8pm (Kids 12 and under)
11. Public Comments – Jean Van Dorn (Ordinances)
12. Trunk or Treat - Street Closure Downtown Square in Front of Courthouse - October 31st 6-8 pm
13. City Clerk to Appoint Deputy Clerk (when authorized by City Council)
14. Ordinance – Zoning Recommendation – Laws – Fence Setback
15. Discussion - Change City Code to Allow for Fences on the Property Lines
16. Motion for Extension of Project Completion Date for Hansen Foods (until 12-31-18)
17. Executive Session – 5ILCS 120/2(c)(1) – Personnel, 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(5) – Property Purchase
18. Vote on Executive Session Item(s) – Recommend Cody Smith for Permanent Hire, Random Drug
Testing for Employees, Property Purchase
A public body may hold closed meetings to consider the following subjects:
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1) The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal
of specific employees of the public body or legal counsel for the public body, including hearing testimony
on a complaint lodged against an employee of the public body or against legal counsel for the public body
to determine its validity.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2) Collective negotiating matters between the public body and its employees or their
representatives, or deliberations concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(3) The selection of a person to fill a public office, as defined in this Act, including a
vacancy in a public office, when the public body is given power to appoint under law or ordinance, or the
discipline, performance or removal of the occupant of a public office, when the public body is given
power to remove the occupant under law or ordinance.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(5) The purchase or lease of real property for the use of the public body, including
meetings held for the purpose of discussing whether a particular parcel should be acquired.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(6) The setting of a price for sale or lease of property owned by the public body.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(11) Litigation, when an action against, affecting or on behalf of the particular public
body has been filed and is pending before a court or administrative tribunal, or when the public body
finds that an action is probable or imminent, in which case the basis for the finding shall be recorded and
entered into the minutes of the closed meeting