City of Jacksonville Firemen's Pension Fund Board of Trustees met April 11
City of Jacksonville Firemen's Pension Fund Board of Trustees met April 11.
Here is the agenda provided by the board:
1. Call To Order / Roll Call
2. Public Comments
3. Minutes - Reading and approval of the minutes of the prior meeting(s)
a) January 10, 2019, regular meeting
b) February 20, 2019, special meeting
a) City Attorney Richard Stewart, Freedom of Information Act request.
a) Dennis J. Orsey, P.C., dated March 20, 2019
6. Investment Report - John Johnson of Zemenick & Walker
7. Treasurer’s Report - Ron Smiljanich
8. Old Business
a) Discuss status of upcoming elections for board members
• Albert Thomas, retired, term expires 4/30/2019
• Steve King, active, term expires 4/30/2019
• Daniel Klendworth, active, term expires 4/30/2019
• Mike Halsne, appointed, term expires 5/13/19
b) Confirm status of filing of Statement of Economic Interest with County Clerk by all board members. (Due May 1, 2019)
c) Update on proposed legislation affecting downstate police & fire pension funds.
9. New Business
a) IPPFA 8 hour Regional seminars, Tuesday, June 18, 2019 in Edwardsville and Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at John A. Logan College in Carterville; and AFFI training.
b) Review engagement letter from Lauterbach & Amen to provide Actuarial Valuations for pension fund for fiscal years ending 12/31/18 - 12/31/2020.
c) Review and approve new Investment Policy & Guidelines.
10. Application For Membership
11. Application For Benefits
12. Special Setting at 11:45 a.m. - Donald Stone disability continued administrative hearing
13. Executive Session
a) To deliberate Donald Stone disability pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2 (c)(4) of the Illinois Open Meetings Act.
14. Next Meeting Date (Thurs., July 11, 2019 @ 11:00 a.m.) / Adjournment