Warsaw Community Unit School District 316 Board met May 15
Warsaw Community Unit School District 316 Board met May 15.
Here is the agenda provided by the board:
I. Call to Order/Pledge/Roll Call
II. Public Comments to Agenda Items
The Board of Education welcomes comments and questions from the public. If you wish to address the Board at this meeting, please fill out a Visitor’s Card available in the back of the room and present them to the Board’s Administrative Assistant before the meeting begins. When recognized by the Board President, please stand where you are seated and address the Board. We ask that you limit your comments to five (5) minutes. If more than one person will be addressing the same topic, we ask that you appoint a spokesperson to speak for the group. The Board President may shorten or lengthen an individual’s opportunity to speak. The President may also deny an individual the opportunity if the individual has previously addressed the Board on the same subject within the past 2 months. Personnel matters will not be discussed in open session.
III. Adoption of Agenda
IV. Consent Agenda - (Approval of April 17, 2019 Minutes, Bills, and Treasurers Report)
V. Encouraging Words
VI. Superintendent’s & Principals’ Reports
VII. Action Items
1. Consideration and Action to approve the Financial Report.
2. Consideration and action to place the amended 2018-2019 budget on display and set a Budget Hearing for June 19, 2019 at 6:45 pm.
3. Consideration and action to approve the Warsaw Park Board’s request to use a school bus to transport children to summer swim lessons.
4. Consideration and action to approve a tentative school calendar for the 2019-2020 school year.
5. Consideration and action to approve the ISBE Consolidated District Plan for Fiscal Year ‘20.
6. Consideration and action to approve the Insurance Committee’s recommendation for Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance providers.
VIII. Future Meetings: June 19, 2019
6:45 p.m. Budget Hearing
7:00 p.m. Regular Board of Education
IX. Executive Session
1. The appointment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the district or legal counsel for the District, including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged against an employee or against legal counsel for the District to determine its validity.
2. Discussion of lawfully closed meeting minutes, whether for purposes of approval by the body of the minutes or semi-annual review of the minutes as mandated by section 2.06 5 ILCS 120/2(c) (21).
3. Student Discipline
X. Action Items
1. Approval of Personnel Report
2. Consideration and action to appoint a Board Member to fill the vacancy on the Warsaw CUSD #316 Board of Education.