Brown County Community Unit School District 1 Board met Nov. 20.
Here is the agenda provided by the board:
A. Pledge of Allegiance
B. Call to Order
C. Roll Call
D. Announcements: Reminder that the Yearly Truth in Taxation hearing will be at next month’s board meeting, December 18, at 5:45 pm.
E. Public Comment
F. Consent Agenda
Approval of Minutes of Previous
Approval of Monthly Bills
Approval of Financial Report
Approval of Money Transfer, if applicable
H. Committee Reports (as needed)
I. Action Items
1. Resolution providing for the issue of not to exceed $2,977,861 of General Obligation School Bonds of the District for working cash fund purposes, providing for the levy of a direct annual tax sufficient to pay the principal and interest on the bonds, and authorizing the sale of the bonds to the purchaser thereof.
2. Discussion of Transfer of the Educational Broadband Service license to Adams Telcom, Inc
3. Approval of Facility Plan for Year 1
4. Discussion of IASB Student Safety Resolution at IASB Convention
5. Employment (Resignations, Hiring, Dismissals)
K. Closed Session on the following subjects: a) the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the School District; b) collective negotiating matters between the School District and its employees or their representatives, or deliberations concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees; c) the purchase or lease of real property for the use of the District; d) the setting of a price for sale or lease of property owned by the District; e) the sale or purchase of investments; f) emergency security procedures; g)student disciplinary cases; h) the placement of individual students in special education programs and other matters relating to individual students; i) pending, probable, or imminent litigation; j) evaluation of attorney; k) approval of certain closed session minutes for distribution to the public; or other matters appropriate for a closed meeting pursuant to the Open Meetings Act.
L. Return to open session
M. Closed Session Matters: Approve any matter discussed in closed session as necessary, and limited to those matters authorized for discussion in executive session by motion of the Board.
N. Board Rights: The Board reserves the right to take up, consider and act upon any other and further matters necessary or convenient for the orderly operation of the district and its schools.