Greenfield Community Unit School District No. 10 Board of Education met Jan. 27.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
The Board of Education of Greenfield Community Unit School District No. 10 met in regular session, in the Administrative Office, on January 27, 2020.
1. President Rodney Knittel called the regular meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Upon roll call the following members were present: Josh Roberts, Chris Goode, Joe Kinser, Chris Weller, Elliott Turpin, and Rodney Knittel. Brandi Rynders was absent. Also present were Superintendent Kevin Bowman, Ron Plogger, Tony Audo, Shannon and Leanda Seaton, and Becky McClelland.
2. Roberts motioned and Weller seconded to approve the agenda as presented. Upon roll call Weller, Goode, Kinser, Roberts, Turpin and Knittel voted “Aye”. Motion carried.
3. Kinser motioned and Roberts seconded to approve the December 16, 2019 regular meeting minutes as presented. Upon roll call Roberts, Weller, Turpin, Goode, Kinser, and Knittel voted “Aye”. Motion carried.
4. Weller motioned and Goode seconded to approve the consent agenda as presented. Upon roll call Turpin, Weller, Roberts, Goode, Kinser and Knittel voted “Aye”. Motion carried. (See Exhibit No. 1 attached to the Official Minutes)
Brandi Rynders entered the meeting at 7:05 p.m.
5. District Highlights – Leanda Seaton was recognized and congratulated on being selected as an Illinois State Scholar. Leanda’s parents are Brenda and Shannon Seaton. Leanda plans to attend Lewis & Clark Community College for two years and then transfer to another university to complete her teaching degree.
6. Ron Plogger reported on Transportation/Facilities:
-Dirt work needed around all buildings for water run-off
-Elementary fence is in progress
-Summer 2020 work
-Maintenance Grant is due Feb. 14
-Elementary boiler update
-Authorize bus bids with a trade in of a 2015 bus
7. Superintendent Bowman led a discussion on Health, Life and Safety projects. District
Architect, Tony Audo, told the BOE that all items have been submitted to ISBE. He has no way of knowing how long the process of approval will take. All drawings are complete except for football field lights. He noted options include setting the drawings in February with bids due in March. We can note on the bid that there will be a 60-day hold to wait on state approval. He advises 2020 projects will be done first with bids available to be picked up in O’Fallon and Springfield. Discussion followed concerning timelines of the various projects.
8. Elliott Turpin reported on the Greenfield Foundation for Educational Excellence. The treasurer’s report shows a balance of $13,204.21. Scholarship applications for seniors will be provided this week with a due date of April 9, 2020. The next meeting will be held on February 12, 2020 and the next fund-raiser will be the annual Pork Chop dinner on Sunday, March 22, 2020.
9. Superintendent Bowman reported:
-Annual Seniority Lists were presented as information items (See Exhibit No. 2 attached to the Official Minutes)
-Financial Software is in process of changing over
-Executive Session minutes reviewed
-Four Rivers has hired a new director
-Four Rivers Garrison principal has resigned
-Annual Hunt Scholarship/Loan review from United Community Bank (See Exhibit No. 3 attached to the Official Minutes)
10. Superintendent Bowman reported that ISBE Consultant, Brent Apell, had been in the District to do his review of finances. A packet of historical and future financial data was reviewed by Bowman and the BOE.
No Executive Session was held
11. Roberts motioned and Rynders seconded to approve the 2019-2020 Seniority Lists as presented. Upon roll call Weller, Rynders, Kinser, Roberts, Turpin, Goode and Knittel voted “Aye”. Motion carried. (See Exhibit No. 2 attached to the Official Minutes)
12. Rynders motioned and Kinser seconded to close Executive Session Minutes up to December 16, 2019. Upon roll call Rynders, Kinser, Roberts, Turpin, Goode, Weller and Knittel voted “Aye”. Motion carried.
13. Roberts motioned and Rynders seconded to authorize bus bids. Upon roll call Kinser, Roberts, Turpin, Goode, Weller, Rynders and Knittel voted “Aye”. Motion carried.
14. There was no action on facilities
15. Roberts motioned and Goode seconded to authorize the Superintendent to apply for a
School Maintenance matching grant for the update of high school gym locker rooms. Upon roll call Turpin, Goode, Weller, Rynders, Kinser, Roberts and Knittel voted “Aye”. Motion carried. (See Exhibit No. 4 attached to the Official Minutes)
16. Announcements – February 17th-No School for President’s Day -February 24th-Board Meeting
17. Rynders motioned and Kinser seconded to adjourn at 7:45 p.m.