Macomb Park District Board met August 21.
Macomb Park District Board met Aug. 21.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
Commissioners present: John Hemingway, Valencia Pettigrew, Russ Hamm, & Philip Weiss Attorney Joe O’Donnell
Staff Present: Rachel Lenz
Media and others: 2
6:01 –President Hemingway declared the meeting open.
2. Approval of Agenda – Commissioner Weiss moved for approval of the agenda. Commissioner Pettigrew seconded the motion. The motion passed (4 ayes – 0 nays).
3. Consideration of and action on the minutes, bills and transfers, and monthly financial statements – Commissioner Hamm moved for approval of the minutes. Commissioner Weiss seconded the motion. The motion passed (4 ayes – 0 nays). Treasurer Hamm gave an overview of the consolidated fund and stated the budget is in line with the years projections. Commissioner Weiss moved to approve of the bills and transfers and monthly financial statements. Commissioner Pettigrew second the motion. The June and July financial statements and July and August bills were approved on roll call vote (4 ayes – 0 nays).
4. Public Comment – None 5. President’s report – N/A
6. Director’s report – Director Lenz announced that the Chubby’s Luau raised over $800 for the Push4Parks campaign. The district was also the recipient of a $500 safety grant from IParks and received an Exceptional Rating for our diligent attention to workers safety. Lenz informed the board of the success of the most recent installment of The MILL and also the final Randolph St. Rendezvous and thanked everyone who was in attendance for both of those events. Upcoming events discussed included Kite Festival, Charity Wins Softball Tournament, WIU Color Run, Fall ceramics programs, Fall Lakeview programs, and Flatland Summer Jam.
Lenz also announced the debut of the Veterans RC Raceway at Veterans Park, the continued improvements happening at Downing Park, the new Ball Fore hours starting after Labor Day, and the opening of the MCSRA Supervisor position. Lenz ended her report with the exciting announcement of a new GoWest bus route out to Veterans Park. That route will start on August 18th and will run daily until mid-October. This is a test route with GoWest to see if there is a need for the transportation to Veterans Park.
7. Selection of First Midstate Inc. as Underwriter/Placement Agent and Chapman and Cutler LLP as bond/disclosure counsel to the Underwriter/Placement Agent with respect to the District’s upcoming General Obligation Limited Park Bond Issue – President Hemingway explained this is an annual board action and First Midstate has been working in this capacity with this district for over ten years. This action item is simply to hire the organization, the bond would be made available to the public for 30 days and a public hearing would be hosted at the September meeting. Hemingway assured the board of the high quality work done by the organization. Commissioner Weiss motioned to approve, Commissioner Hamm second. The motion passed on a roll call vote
(4 ayes, 0 nays).
8. Consideration and possible action on Ordinance #328 – Creation of Fund for Stadium Lighting at Veterans Park Youth Baseball Diamonds – Hemingway introduced the next item as a suggestion from Director Lenz that he saw as a valuable asset to the Lighting Project efforts. This Ordinance would introduce a restricted fund in the capital projects fund where monies transferred into the account would only be allowed to be allocated to the stadium lighting for the youth baseball diamonds at Veterans Park. The director will also be given the authority to move funding from the capital projects into this restricted account as to continue to further the strides being made towards the completion of this project. Commissioner Hamm moved to approve the creation of Ordinance #328. Commissioner Pettigrew second the motion. The motion passed on a roll call vote (4 ayes, 0 nays).
9. Open Commissioner Presentation and discussion of future agenda items – N/A
6:41 PM Meeting adjourned on motion from Weiss, second by Pettigrew. The motion passed (4 ayes, 0 nays).