Greenfield Community Unit School District No. 10 Board of Education met Nov. 18.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
The Board of Education of Greenfield Community Unit School District No. 10 met in regular session, in the Administrative Office, on November 18, 2019.
1. Vice-President Turpin called the regular meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Upon roll call the following members were present: Chris Goode, Joe Kinser, Elliott Turpin and Brandy Rynders.
Chris Weller, Josh Roberts and Rodney Knittel were absent. Also present were Superintendent Kevin Bowman, High School Principal Beth Bettis, Ron Plogger and Becky McClelland.
2. Rynders motioned and Kinser seconded to approve the agenda as presented. Upon roll call Rynders, Goode, Kinser and Turpin voted “Aye”. Motion carried.
3. Goode motioned and Kinser seconded to approve the October 15, 2019 regular meeting minutes as presented. Upon roll call Turpin, Goode, Kinser and Rynders voted “Aye”. Motion carried.
4. Rynders motioned and Kinser seconded to approve the consent agenda as presented.
Upon roll call Turpin, Rynders, Goode and Kinser voted “Aye”. Motion carried. (See Exhibit No. 1 attached to the Official Minutes)
5. District Highlights – Superintendent Bowman reported that Coach Joe Pembrook, staff and team members were awarded the IHSA Sport a Winning Attitude Award. He congratulated them on this honor.
6. Ron Plogger reported on Transportation/Facilities:
-Dirt work needed around all buildings for water run-off
-Elementary fence is in progress
-Ron Plogger and Richard Major were thanked for the work in readying Fleur de Lis field for the football games this year
-Concession stand has been winterized
-Discussion centered on future building renovations with input by District Architect Tony Audo. District building roofs and fire alarm systems are the top items to be repaired.
7. Elliott Turpin reported on the Greenfield Foundation for Educational Excellence. The treasurer’s report shows a balance of $10,186.23. The cash raffle will be held at the regular meeting on Wednesday, November 20, 2019.
8. Superintendent Bowman presented several scenarios for the Annual Tax Levy. After discussions with the Greene County Clerk, a 4.9% increase should be sufficient to capture any new growth in the county. A 4.9% increase would not require a Truth-in-Taxation hearing.
9. Parent/Teacher conferences were well attended with 100% participation at the Elementary. High School parents will have 100% participation with calls and visits by the end of the year.
10. Superintendent Bowman gave the monthly FRIS report.
11. A slate of 2020 board meeting dates was presented. After discussion, it was the consensus of BOE to change September and October meeting dates to Tuesday night. (See Exhibit No. 2 attached to the Official Minutes)
12. Superintendent Bowman reviewed:
- Board Policy changes that will be acted on at the December meeting (See Exhibit No. 3 attached to the Official Minutes)
-2019 Illinois District Report Card
-Property Tax Relief Grant Information
-DCFS Mandated Reporter training
No Executive Session was held
13. There was no action on Facilities
14. Goode motioned and Kinser seconded to authorize the Superintendent to apply for the Illinois Property Tax Relief Grant. Upon roll call Rynders, Kinser, Turpin and Goode voted “Aye”. Motion carried.
15. Goode motioned and Rynders seconded to approve the slate of 2020 board meeting dates with the change from September 21st to September 22, 2020 and October 19th to October 20, 2020. Upon roll call Kinser, Turpin, Goode and Rynders voted “Aye”. Motion carried. (See Exhibit No. 2 attached to the Official Minutes)
16. Kinser motioned and Goode seconded to approve the most recent calculation spreadsheet showing a 4.99% proposed 2019 tax levy. Upon roll call Turpin, Goode, Rynders and Kinser voted “Aye”. Motion carried.
17. Announcements – Beth Bettis announced there would be a High School Blood Drive on Wednesday, November 20th.
18. Rynders motioned and Goode seconded to adjourn at 8:15 p.m.